For more information see:
- Community & Public Health - Helping reducing harm from alcohol
- Community & Public Health - Community Health Information Centre (CHIC) alcohol related resources
- Alcohol.org - Information, advice, research and resources to help prevent and reduce alcohol-related harm
- SADD - Students Against Drunk Driving - Empowering young kiwis to prevent loss on our roads
- NZ Health Education Association (NZHEA) - Alcohol and other drugs
School Alcohol Policy
This guide provides information for developing an alcohol policy for your school or educational facility. Having an alcohol policy means everyone is clear about the use of alcohol on your premises or at school events.
Download the School Alcohol Policy
Alcohol and your teenager
This is a resource from WAVE which provides parents and caregivers with clear information regarding alcohol and young people. It also outlines responsibilities of parents and caregivers under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012. The information leaflets are available in hard copy which schools can access via their WAVE Facilitator.
Download Alcohol and your teenager
Tūturu have developed a wide range of programmes and resources which were established through a whole-school approach. These are all evidence based to ensure effectiveness and sustainability, and is overseen by a governance group that includes representatives from the Ministries of Education and Health, the Health Promotion Agency and NZ Police. Tūturu have developed resources to help you as a school engage with parents and the local community when introducing or restructuring an alcohol harm reduction approach.