Also see the Oral Health Health Topic page to find out how WAVE can support your ECE/School with Oral Health.
For more information see:
- Community & Public Health - Looking after your teeth whatever the age
- Community & Public Health - Community Health Information Centre (CHIC) Oral Health resources
- World Oral Health Day - 20 March Campaign
- New Zealand Dental Association - Switch to Water Challenge
- Community Dental Service - Free dental care for eligible children living in Canterbury and South Canterbury
- Ministry of Health - How to care for teeth and gums
- Health Navigator - Looking after children's teeth
- Community Water Fluoridation - Facts of community water fluoridation
- Menemene Mai (Smile) - Early Childhood oral health toolkit for kaiako in Waitaha/Canterbury
- WAVE - WAVE Newsletter extracts - Health Focus on Oral Health
Water-only School Toolkit (Water and Plain Milk Only)
By adopting a water-only policy, whereby water and low-fat plain milk are the only drinks available at your ECE/school, you are taking a positive step towards improving the health and behaviour of your students.
Download Water-only Schools Toolkit
The Happy Tooth Book/Te Pukapuka Oranga Niho
This book is available in our WAVE Resource Centre for you to borrow. You can also purchase your own copy from firstname.lastname@example.org
Colgate® Bright Smiles, Bright Futures™
The Colgate® Bright Smiles, Bright Futures™ programme is a free programme designed to teach children the importance of good oral hygiene. The education kits are developed by teachers, dental professionals and local cultural experts to help provide the best oral hygiene education for kids between the ages of 3-9.
Order your free kit from Colgate® Bright Smiles, Bright Futures™