For more information see:
- Community & Public Health - Wellbeing and resilience
- Community & Public Health - Mental Health and illness
- Community & Public Health - Youth Mental Wellbeing
- Community & Public Health - Community Health Information Centre (CHIC) Mental Wellbeing resources
- Allright? - Campaign designed to help us think about our mental health and wellbeing
- Mental Health Foundation of NZ - Taking care of your mental health and wellbeing
- Mental Health Awareness Week - Registration, events and resources
- Ministry of Education - Student wellbeing programmes, resources and tools for students and staff
- NZ Health Education Association - Mental Health & Resilience (2nd Edition 2021)
- Health Promotion Agency - Help for the Tough Times
- Health Promotion Agency - Play Your Best Card
- WAVE - WAVE Newsletter extracts - Health Focus on Mental Wellbeing
Mental Health Education and Hauora - teaching interpersonal skills, resilience, and wellbeing
This is a resource for teaching about mental health, including lesson ideas and activities. There is also a supporting document which gives teaching and learning guidance for two themes derived from activities in the resource.
The Ministry of Education (MoE) partnered with NZ Health Education Association (NZHEA) and delivered hard copies of the book to schools with year 7 students up. But if you need an extra copy, download yours below.
Sparklers is a free wellbeing toolkit full of fun and simple activities to help tamariki learn about their own mental health and wellbeing. Sparklers actively teaches tamariki how to manage big emotions, draw upon their strengths, connect with others and be ready for learning.
Sparklers is designed around a pick-and-mix approach - teachers can choose the activities that best meet the needs of their tamariki, goals and school culture. Used ‘a little and often’, the activities help tamariki live brighter.
Pause Breathe Smile
Southern Cross has joined forces with the Pause Breathe Smile trust to offer a mind health programme to all primary and intermediate schools in New Zealand free of charge. Together they want to equip every child in New Zealand with the tools to achieve positive mind health.
Five Ways to Wellbeing at Work Toolkit
The Five Ways to Wellbeing at Work Toolkit includes fact sheets, tips, tools and templates to make it easy for you to support your teams to build the Five Ways into their daily lives.
Visit mentalhealth.org.nz download the Five Ways to Wellbeing at Work Toolkit
Pink Shirt Day - Stand Up, Speak Together, Stop Bullying
Pink Shirt Day is about working together to stop bullying by celebrating diversity and promoting positive social relationships.
Download the Kaiako/Teacher Toolkit and the Tauira/Student Toolkit which are full of inspiration, activities and fundraising ideas to help your school or kura celebrate the Pink Shirt Day kaupapa. Also, download After Pink Shirt Day to keep the movement going all year-round.